Friday, September 3, 2010

MLIS

I went to orientation yesterday for new MLIS students. All I can say is that I'm even more convinced that this is the program for me. Get this...I didn't have to take the GRE, I don't have to write a thesis, I can get my degree in just a year, I can participate in a payed co-op program (like an internship), and there are NO exams. Grades are determined by papers, group projects, and class presentations. How awesome is that?!

These pictures are of the 2 buildings that I'll be spending the majority of my time this next year:

This is Middlesex College. I have one class here.


This is the Visual Arts Building. The rest of my classes along with the Graduate Resource Center and computer labs are all in this building. My question is, if this is home to the visual arts, why is the building so ugly? Makes no sense to me.


This is the little forest of trees that separates my buildings from the rest of campus. All the other buildings are quite literally on the other side of those trees.

No comments: