Here is the Brampton temple. (I believe Brampton is a suburb of Toronto.)
My next weekend was a little better planned. I have a friend in Ontario who mentioned that I should drive to Stratford and check out Art in the Park. So that's what I did. Stratford is only 1 hour away, and is situated on a beautiful river. I strolled through the park checking out the creations of the local artisans and artists, then sat on a park bench and did a little homework while I observed life around me. It was all quite lovely. There were swans, a rowing team was practicing on the river, and a wedding was in full force with real harps being played and everything.
This is a picture of the rowers practicing. (What's the official name for rowers? I can't remember.)
Can anyone else see the bug-eyed, spooky tree face in this tree? Kind of cool, eh?
This weekend I stayed home. I did laundry, went to the library, and worked on homework. Not exciting, but all necessary things.
How was your weekend?
3 comments:
I can't temember the last time I didn't know what to do with myself! Sounds heavenly! I always seem to forget that I need to plan for the temple, so thanks for the reminder. My weekend was great--made about $200 at a local boutique and plan on doing them most every weekend until the new year. Maybe that will make up for the lack of work my handyman husband has during the holidays. :)
Sounds like you've got some neat places to visit there. I had to work on Saturday, and then it was raining so hard I opted not to check out the pirate festival that was going on.
Shirley had a talk to give at the stake relief society conference in Vernon so we made the trip together. But I had a bad back and couldn't sit down so have spent the visit to Vernon standing at the computer preparing for a fireside we give tomorrow night and walking.
Post a Comment