Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Winner Is...

Not me.

And yet...I'm very much okay with that.

So, I had my interview yesterday and did well enough to make the first cut. The people set up a time for a second interview today at 10am Utah time. Unfortunately our skype connection was awful, so we decided to do the interview over the phone instead. I felt it went well. They cracked jokes. I cracked jokes. I felt very much at ease and was pleased that I didn't do anything to intentionally sabotage myself. However, I did tell them that I wouldn't be available to start work right away since I was driving my sister up to Portland on the 20th. So, maybe I did end up sabotaging myself anyway.

Oh well. The decision is thankfully out of my hands, and I'm free to continue looking for better opportunities. And... I've had some good interviewing experience!

4 comments:

Ron said...

That is the spirit! Keep looking and keep your attitude positive. The right job and the right circumstances are now to be discovered.

Sarah said...

I vote for a better paying job somewhere here in the NW. I found this one if you want to check it out. http://www.krl.org/documents/YP_Librarian_Silverdale.pdf

Sharon said...

any news on the port angeles job? are you stopping by for a visit in vernon? good luck with your last few days!

Ardie said...

Thanks Sarah! This looks Great!

I won't have news on Port Angeles until the end of this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Not sure about a trip to Vernon, yet, but with Mom and Dad's place free, I'll definitely have a place to stay if I come. That's good news!