Monday, August 1, 2011

Interview

Okay, the head people at Provo Library have graciously agreed to interview me over Skype tomorrow. Part of me is excited about this position. It's the only Children's Librarian position I've found in the Utah, Washington, and B.C. areas, and the whole reason I went to library school was to become a children's librarian. Another part of me is a bit concerned. It's only a part-time position, and the pay is half of what any library outside of Utah would offer. I won't make any decisions for or against this job yet, though, since all I have tomorrow is an interview. I'll start balancing the pros and cons if they actually offer me the job.
What I decide to do will also be greatly influenced by whether or not Port Angeles wants to interview me. The thought of living in Port Angeles seems kind of exciting and fun to me. Also, the position open there is for a young adult librarian. If I can't be a children's librarian, I'd love to be a young adult librarian. Also, it's a full time job and pays what a person with a masters in library and information science should be paid. I think I'd love this job, too. Especially since it would relocate me to a charming beach town, give me a job that I'd enjoy, AND enable me to pay off my school debt much faster. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. I don't even have an interview offer with Port Angeles yet. I won't know until the end of August whether they want to see me or not.
So, I guess I'll just focus on tomorrow's interview for now. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Ron said...

By now you will have had the interview. I bet you did well but wander what came of it or will come of it.

Nicole said...

I want you to come to Utah!

.. But I also don't think you should sell yourself short. You deserve full time and lots of money! So, maybe Port Angeles will be okay. ;) Isn't that the place in the Twilight books?

Ardie said...

Yes, Nicole, Port Angeles IS the place mentioned in the Twilight series. Apparently it's become quite the destination spot. You should come visit me if I end up there. Well, actually, you should come visit me where ever I end up.