









I've been working on papers all day, so I'm going to take a little break and list the top 10 children's classic horror stories for you. The is a genre that I am completely unfamiliar with. However, I did create a children's horror pathfinder this term in the hopes of learning more about these books. It seems like horror is to strong a word for many of these books. A better term would be ghost stories or scary stories. So, if you know a kid who likes to read something that sends shivers down his/her spine, here are some good classics to whet the appetite.
1. Skellig by David Almond
2. Something Upstairs: A Tale of Ghosts by Avi
3. The House with a Clock in It's Walls by John Bellairs
4. Skeleton Man by Joseph Bruchac
5. Stonewords: A Ghost Story by Pam Conrad
6. The Watertower by Gary Crew
7. The Thirteenth Floor: A Ghost Story by Sid Fleischman
8. Wait Til Helen Comes: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn
9. Short and Shivery: Thirty Chilling Tales by Robert D. San Souci
10. Peppermints in the Parlor by Barbara Brooks Wallace
2 comments:
Um, yeah. This is a genre I stay away from even in children's lit. I don't like being creept out. :(
Oh man, Peppermints in the Parlor. I loved that one.
Post a Comment