









Children's realistic fiction usually has the power to either make me laugh or cry. Again, like historical fiction, there are so many great classics in this genre. However, I'm going to try and keep it narrowed to the top ten books listed.
Here's the list:
1. On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
2. Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
3. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary
4. Frindle by Andrew Clements
5. Bridge to Terebithia by Katherine Paterson
6. The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
7. A Taste of Blackberries by Doris B. Smith
8. Crash by Jerry Spinilli
9. Justin and the Best Biscuits in the World by Mildred P. Walter
10. Belle Prater's Boy by Ruth White
I've only read half of these 10 books (those that I bolded). Who can beat that? :)
ps. I have to put a plug in for all Gordon Korman books. He's a Canadian author who's been writing and publishing books since he was a young teenager, and he's pretty funny, in a good, wholesome way. (At least the books of his that I've read have been that way. If you come across a bad one, I'm sorry. I haven't read all of his stuff.)
1 comment:
Oh man, I'm loving these lists. Not only for ideas for the boys when they're older, but also it brings back good memories for me.
Post a Comment