Monday, January 3, 2011

MoTab Christmas Concert



I spent the Christmas holidays with my family and friends in Utah this year. On my arrival, I learned that my aunt had tickets to the annual Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert, and she was offering the tickets to my nieces and nephews and me. We had fantastic seats that were front and center on the Plaza level. It can't get better then that! The concert was delightful. David Archuleta was the guest performer, and it was fun to see how excited he was to perform with the choir. Quite the honor for such a young, new performer!
However, as much fun as the concert was, it was even more fun spending time with my nieces and nephews. We got my 7 years old niece through the doors by my mis-hearing the ticket taker. When he asked, "Is she eight?" (the youngest permitted age for such events), all I heard was, "Is she...". I assumed he asked, "Is she with you?" to which I replied, "Yes." (I had completely forgotten the age restrictions.) Sometimes not hearing correctly can work to one's benefit. After the concert, we all walked through temple square to see the lights then went for hot chocolate. Such a fun evening!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What convenient hearing you have. :) My friend would be so jealous that you got to see David Archuleta and the MoTabs. She's a huge fan.