Sunday, January 9, 2011

Free After Three

Alta ski hill has a wonderful tradition. You can ski for free after 3pm each day. Of course, the hill shuts down at 4:30pm, but that's still a good hour and a half of skiing a person can get in, and for a poor grad student it is the perfect price.
Until this Christmas, I hadn't skied for 17 years. I remember loving it, but could never afford to go. However, several years ago I started purchasing the equipment with the intention of getting back in the sport. I bought the jacket, the skis, and the snowpants. (Unfortunately I bought the snowpants after a severe case of mono when I dropped down to a scary 112lbs, so they don't fit anymore...Sarah, do you want them?) My niece, nephew and sister-in-law outfitted me with all that I was missing, and I was able to hit the slopes. It was soooo much fun! (Especially because my niece, Shirley, stuck right with me. She's an awesome skiing companion.)


(Shirley and me) (Lincoln and Nate)

Thanks for all the fun, E.M. Burnhams!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

fun. remember my black snowpants? do they fit you cus they have never fit me.