My summer plans altered drastically back in June. My plan was to work hard to save money for grad school in the fall, train for the Kelowna Try-a-Triathlon, and spend as much time at Kal Lake as possible with my friends and family in Vernon. Simple goals, but goals none the less. Due to unforeseen (at least on my part) circumstances, I found myself unemployed in Utah without direction of any sort. So, you all get to learn how I squandered away my last summer before entering the MLIS program in Ontario.
Here's what I did:
Job hunted (unsuccessfully- gave up by mid July)
Window washed (thanks Jen for providing me with some kind of an income)
Rock climbed 2x (couldn't climb any more due to a hurt elbow- tendinitis??- and messed up shoulder)
Hung out with friends and family
Helped paint Katrina's condo (if you ever meet a man called David Griffin, know him for the yellow bellied low life that he is...for abandoning and not supporting his children and pregnant wife)
Was a model for my niece to practice her esthetician skills on
Drove up to BC with Maria
Helped James
That's the quick out line. Some events deserve a full story of their own, and some events have actual photos, so I'll give each of those their own personal entry. All I can say is that for the first time in my life I'm looking forward to school starting. I need structure in my life!
1 comment:
A good summary of a particularly trying phase for one so structured and defined. The next phase should prove more rewarding since it will provide some opportunities for organization and commitment. You have our prayers.
Post a Comment