This morning started out a bit cold, and (since it was slushing outside) a bit disappointing. So, since it was my day off work, I stayed in bed until Sharon called inviting me up to her place later in the afternoon. I got out of bed and started moving, and things started looking up.
By the time I was showered and ready for the day, the slush had turned into rain, and by the time I went up to Sharon's place, the rain had stopped. Then, by 5:30 this evening, the sun was out and it had turned into a beautiful day. I went on a little walk and heard the church bells ring the hour. (I love that we have a church in this town that rings bells.) While walking through an alley, I smelled violets in bloom (one of my favorite spring smells), and then I saw someone's lawn covered in little purple spring flowers. The lighting was perfect, and the sight was so beautiful that I wished I'd had my camera with me to share it with all of you.
I'm glad I decided to give today a chance and got out of bed.
2 comments:
Giving today a chance -- I like that! You're wonderful!
It sounds like you would thrive in my current condition (pregnant on bed-rest)!
Post a Comment