That's it! I'm going out to buy myself a simple gold band to wear at work. I tip my hat to men who are courageous enough to ask out a total stranger, but did they really think I'd say yes? Okay, so I have said yes in the past, but that doesn't mean I have to continue saying yes. I am resolved to say I'm unavailable to strangers from here on out! So to all those old men who are looking for a trophy to hang off their arm and all those young boys with weird mother complexes, I am unavailable, and I will wear a ring if that helps get the message across.
6 comments:
Knowing how to say no is as important as knowing how to say yes. Choice and timing are everything.
Exactly. What happens when a young, ruggedly handsome man comes to the Canadian Superstore to buy a Charles Dickens novel and asks you out? Hope you're not wearing that ring...
I'm with you. Swing over to the Jewelry Department and buy a $10 band. If you see some ruggedly handsome man approaching, you can just keep that hand in your pocket or expertly slip the ring off your finger unnoticed. But, in the mean time, if will hopefully ward off the majority of the riff-raff that are likely approaching you (and/or waiting to attack you in the parking lot after your late shift ends...) (Also, don't forget to mention to the riff-raff how big, strong and mean-tempered your husband is and how he's always waiting for you after your shift ends...)
I love Tracy's "waiting to attack you in the parking lot."
Excellent suggestions, Tracy! I'll do it. The trick will be learning how to talk about this mythical husband without cracking a smile or looking like I'm obviously lying. I'm a horrible liar.
I don't think a ring will do anything. When I was single I consistently hit on married women (not intentionally). They would always hold up their rings and say, "can't you tell that I'm married???" At that point I would sling away with all the grace of a 4 year old that just pooped in his pants.
Post a Comment