So the bad news is that I'm sick. I want to go to sleep, but I've reached the coughing stage of my cold which seems to really express itself when I'm lying down. This sucks!
The good news is... Spring has finally come. After the longest, coldest winter in the history of my memory, the snow is beginning to melt and the sun feels warm and lovely. There's still a lot of snow on the ground (unusual for this part of Canada), but patches of grass are beginning to peek through. In fact, I saw the beginning shoots of some tulips and crocuses in my parents yard the other day.
More good news... The last Thursday night jam session wasn't so horrific. I sang a little Smash Mouth, a little Queen, and a little Jimi Hendrix and had a pretty good time. I walked out of the room feeling partly deaf because we had 2 drummers vigorously pounding out rhythms, but I had fun none the less.
So, 2 good news items to 1 bad news item. Not a bad ratio. It looks like life is still looking up.
3 comments:
I hope that the weather gets even better before we come up for Easter. My doctor says that I'm OK to travel as long as I still take it easy, so we haven't canceled our trip.
Wonderful news, Tracy! I'll see what I can do to get all the snow melted before you get here. This is going to be a great Easter!
So are you singing with a band now?
Post a Comment