Then check out the snow sliding off the roof here. Impressive, eh? It's like what I would expect to see up at a ski resort or something.
I remember walking to school as a kid and the snow drifts would be up to my shoulders... or at least past my waist. Granted, I was shorter then I am now, but it was still an impressive amount of snow. Then things seemed to change. The weather got warmer and dryer, and we even had winters where we received just a skiff or even no snow in our valley.
Well, yesterday I pick my nephew, Joseph, up from school, and, as we walked to my car, I noticed that the snowdrifts were almost up to HIS shoulders. I excitedly pointed out that fact to him, and he responded with, "Isn't that great?! It's like the good days are back... like when you were a kid." I don't know for sure if those really were the good days, but I do think all this snow is fantastic.
It makes for sore backs from shoveling, but that's keeping us fit, right? It does make travel a little more dangerous, but that means we just slow down and enjoy more family time, right? And it does make finding parking spots on the street more difficult, but that's an opportunity to make new friends as they help dig or push you out of your spot...right? And if that's not seeing the bright side of things, well, this is certainly going to help with the water tables. I don't think we're going to be worrying about droughts this year.
Guess what? It's snowing again!!
3 comments:
Great post, Ardie! Glad that you are having all of this weather. We have to cope with sunshine every day. When there is a half day rain shower here they describe it as a major storm.
Wow, that's some serious snow! We only have a few inches here.
That's a pretty cool picture of the snow falling off the roof. I really want to wreck it though.
Post a Comment