Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 in Review

2008 was a year of new adventures. In January I tried something new... ice climbing. It was a bit scary, a bit cold, but very amazing. Thank Liz and Dallen for providing me with this adventure.


In April, I went to Zions National Park with my two single sisters and my dad. We had great fun exploring uncharted territory and venturing off the beaten path. :) It was fun to see Dad get nervous as he watched his 3 daughters do a little free climbing and get a little to close to cliff edges.


Then, thanks again to the wonderful tutelage of Liz and Dallen, I learned how to climb multi-pitches, and even to lead a sport climb. Next on the docket... learning to lead a trad climb.


So, here's to the passing of a great year! It will be exciting to see what new things I learn and do in 2009.
Happy New Year everybody!!

4 comments:

Jonesy said...

Isn't it funny how, in our youth, we think we have it all figured out--where we'll be, what we'll do, even what we like to do! I love that you're so adventurous and have taken up rock climbing--it suits you. Glad you had a great year, and I hope you have another good one!

Nicole said...

The previous commenter is definitely right, climbing totally suits you Ardie! Congrats on having a fun exciting year, maybe.. just MAYBE on your next trip to Utah I'll have to join you. I've never done anything like that!

Ron said...

Correction on your recollections of the Zion trip. I was not ever nervous for any of you- just immensely pleased!

Mars said...

Ardie, you are so buff! I love that you climb because it's something I've always wanted to do and haven't. I love that you're out there making it happen. What fun!

PS-we miss you!