The past two months have been busy, filled with worries, yet strangely focused and happy. I think that's due in part to my finally having a plan for my life.
Mom always says, "Write it down and it will happen." I think she has something there. At the end of this summer I decided I wanted to get my British Columbia teacher's degree and become a high-school teacher in the area that I grew up in. Anyway, I hashed out my plan with Aunt Ardie (yes, I am named after her), we wrote down the steps I'd have to follow to accomplish what I wanted. And then I moved forward with much faith and prayer, trusting that things would work out.
I haven't heard if I've been accepted to the BEd program in July, and I don't know how I'm going to pay for my schooling yet, but things are falling into place. I have obtained the status of resident that I need for cheaper tuition, I've successfully imported my car so I will have reliable transportation to the university, and I've finally got a job.
It's not a glamorous job (I'll be working at the customer service counter for a Candian Superstore), but it means money will be coming in. That's a definite step in the right direction. I have also been blessed with many good friends who have children interested in taking music lessons from me. So, it looks like I'll be teaching voice and beginner's piano once again. The possibility of paying tuition is looking better all the time.
In the meantime, I've been given many opportunities to work with the youth since I came home. When I first arrived, I was asked to stage manage the roadshow for our ward. Then I was...privilaged?... to be a sub for early morning seminary for 2 weeks. And I have also been asked to be the theatrical director of the live nativity that our church puts on for the community. These assignments have helped solidify my desire to teach teenager. I have discoved that I still love working with teenagers, and I'm good at it. That may sound cocky, but it's something I needed to know.
So, I still am working at making dreams come true, but it looks like I'm moving in the right direction. Even though it may be slow moving, I'm still stepping forward, and I'm happy about where I'm going.
7 comments:
Don't you love it when you can finally see your faith working? BTW, I'd love to have your Aunt Ardie to talk to about several things in my life...does she take on old college roomies? Love ya!
Oh I'm so so happy for you! Things always work out when you're Heavenly Father's Favorite!!! I'm so proud of you - it's hard to make all those changes! You are wonderful!!!
Yay! You're so wonderful and hard-working, those kids are very lucky. Or, they're going to be once you get to them. BTW, I like the Christmas background. Very cute!
I'm still hoping that all your plans and steps forward eventually lead you back here! :) We all miss you a ton! We seriously need to talk trips and hook up sooner than later!
I think you've chosen the perfect profession--I know you will be the kind of teacher those kids remember the rest of their lives.
Ardie, It is in print and so with your ability to focus and your musical teaching opportunities, it will all come into place as planned.
Yay Ardie! I am happy you are happy about where you are going. ;) I think that you will be an AWESOME history teacher! I would totally listen to your lectures. hehe. Too bad you're so far away though. Maybe after I get some money squared away I'll have to come visit. Let's hope that that "money squared away" idea comes sooner, rather than later for both of us!
Post a Comment