Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Miller Time

I love Canada! It's the only place I've been where government workers do all they can to help you out, even if they aren't successful, where total strangers talk to you like an old friend while you both wait in line at the post office, where bank tellers ask how your parents are doing, and people really say, "It's Miller Time" at the end of a hard day of work.
This afternoon I was working in my parents garden pulling up withered tomato plants and putting the garden to bed for the coming winter. As I plugged away, a man working on a house next door paused to chat a little with me. The conversation was not deep or memorable in any way, but I found it utterly charming and quite heart warming. I don't know if it was because of the man's heavy Canadian accent or his friendly nature. I am certain that his closing the conversation with, "Well, you know, it's Miller Time," had something to do with it.
So to all of you who've worked hard all day. You can take it easy now, put your feet up and smile because it's Miller Time!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

haha. That's awesome! I need to go visit me some Canada. ;)

ps: I like your blog! You should check mine out! hehe