I love Charlie Brown Christmas trees! What I didn't know is there are Charlie Brown pumpkin patches as well. I visited just such a patch today, and let me tell you, these pumpkin patches are as unexpectedly delightful as Charlie Brown Christmas trees. Some of my family and I drove out to this pumpkin patch to (once again) take fall pictures among the pumpkins and get some pumpkins to carve for Halloween. What we didn't know is that we were a little late in the season and most of the pumpkins that were left were rotting away. However, we did benefit from this adventure because, unlike all those people who are on the ball and got their pumpkins weeks ago, we were able to take as many pumpkins as we wanted for free. We also got to smash rotting pumpkins without making anyone mad. So, Charlie Brown may think he only has bad luck, but there's always a silver lining or two in those dark, gloomy clouds.
Friday, October 24, 2008
The Great Pumpkin Patch
I love Charlie Brown Christmas trees! What I didn't know is there are Charlie Brown pumpkin patches as well. I visited just such a patch today, and let me tell you, these pumpkin patches are as unexpectedly delightful as Charlie Brown Christmas trees. Some of my family and I drove out to this pumpkin patch to (once again) take fall pictures among the pumpkins and get some pumpkins to carve for Halloween. What we didn't know is that we were a little late in the season and most of the pumpkins that were left were rotting away. However, we did benefit from this adventure because, unlike all those people who are on the ball and got their pumpkins weeks ago, we were able to take as many pumpkins as we wanted for free. We also got to smash rotting pumpkins without making anyone mad. So, Charlie Brown may think he only has bad luck, but there's always a silver lining or two in those dark, gloomy clouds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We watched that Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin special on youtube last night. The kids thought it was funny.
Post a Comment