Last night, I gathered the remaining grapes from the vine and canned a little fresh grape juice. I love the smell of the steamer steaming out all the delicious grape juiciness. I was only able to can four jars (there really wasn't much fruit left on the vine), but I'm still pleased with my accomplishment. Next thing you know, my name will be taking the place of Betty Crocker! :)
7 comments:
Are you referring to the vine at 3201-19 St or do you have one at your apartment?
ARDIE!!! I am so super excited you started a blog! I must hear all about your grad school exploits, once they start of course.
Is "Slice of Wonderbread" in referrence to Samson by Regina Spektor? Also, I love "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap. Top notch. Also, Breaking Dawn turned out to be pretty good. Consider reading it, and if you don't want to, I'll email you a summary.
Glad to see you on the interweb! I'm putting your blog on my blog!
Yes, I'm referring to the mainhouse vine. Sharon gave away most of the grapes. That's why there wasn't much left for me to juice.
And, yes, "Slice of Wonderbread" is in reference to Samson. That line in the song always makes me smile. Regina and Imogen are pretty fantastic. I did contemplate using an Imogen phrase for the title of my blog. Obviously Regina won. :)
By the way, how do I put a blog on my blog????
And finally, email that summary of Breaking Dawn to me. I want to hold to my resolution not to read it, but I'm also curious to know what happens to Bella. Hopefully the summary will satisfy my curiosity.:)
Hi there! I just juiced our grapes as well, 25 quarts! It was a pretty good year for our grapes. Luckily Sam didn't chew all the vines this year. I also love the smell and I especially love the pop of the lids sealing!
wow...homemade grape juice! Sounds good!
Mmmm, grape juice.
Welcome to the blogging world Ard.
You are INCREDIBLE! I miss knowing that you're in Utah but I am so happy for how obviously happy you are in Canada! What a happy, lovely blog! Miller time cracked me up!! Love you!
Post a Comment