All the librarians in my region received an email last week announcing that Salmon Arm's Youth Services Librarian would be receiving more hours. Here's the exciting part... I am the Youth Services Librarian in Salmon Arm, so that would mean more hours for me! My boss has been wanting more YS hours for years, and now she finally might get them. It is also exciting to know that the management team at Headquarters in Kelowna recognizes the work I've done in this last year and a bit.
When the news was posted, the number of programs and the number of people attending those programs for the past 3 years in Salmon Arm were given.
Here's what the numbers looked like:
Number of Programs-
2010- 100
2011- a little over 100
2012 (my first full year there)- 232!
Number of People/Youth attending programs-
2010- 1800
2011- 3000
2012- 6148!
I know I'm totally bragging here, but I'm so excited that I've been so successful. And, really, the only reason I've been getting these numbers is that the community has been so supportive of me. The people of Salmon Arm are amazing!
I wrote the above post a couple of months ago, but didn't post it because there was a bit of concern from other employees in my region regarding where the extra hours were coming from. I waited until everything was resolved and the new hours were officially mine before sharing the news. It took a little over a month for everything to be resolved. So glad everything worked out for me!
2 comments:
So Awesome! Congrats on your sucess!
Or success!
Post a Comment