(Okay, I should have written this 2 months ago. Life has been very busy, which is why I haven't written anything in such a long time. I'll try to do better, but no promises.)
Mom and Dad celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on May 19. All 11 children, most of the in-laws, about half of the grandchildren, and Mom's 3 siblings with their spouses made it to Langley to celebrate with them. If ever there was a grand event, this was it!
To celebrate, we all attended the temple together and enjoyed a special evening of tributes to my parents. All the tributes were wonderful, many were touching, but one was down-right genius. Maria wrote and composed a song for Mom and Dad that was delightful in every way. She asked Sarah and me to help her perform it, so we got to ride on the tailcoats of her brilliance.
Maria and Sarah about to perform the tribute song.
(I was on the keyboard in the corner. That's why I'm not in the picture.)
"Sisters. Sisters. There were never such devoted sisters..."
Hamming it up for the camera.
Group photo of almost all the family members who traveled to the anniversary celebration.
(Just missing the Hudson/Gorham family and Mom's siblings with their spouses.)
This was such a fantastic weekend! It was fun to be with all my brothers and sisters again. I just wish we all lived closer together so we could spend more time together.
1 comment:
It really was so much fun. Hard to believe that it was just a couple months ago. Time goes by way too quickly when we're not together. Good job on your race btw!
Post a Comment