Monday, January 18, 2010

2009 Highlights

2009 was an eventful year. Because I had returned to my hometown, I once again got to hike and play in the beautiful Okanagan. I took trips to Seattle with my sister Sharon and visited with family there. I participated in sporting events I never thought I'd be a part of. And I went back to school with the intention of becoming a school teacher in 2-3 years time. I also was asked to teach the early morning seminary class, which, with work and school, left me with no free time from September through December.
Here's what I learned in 2009... I don't want to be a school teacher. I want to be a librarian. Who would've thought? So, I've quit school and am in the process of applying to Master's programs. I'm hoping Western Ontario University will accept me because it could take only 12 months instead of 24 to complete the program there. We'll see what happens.
So, since I have no real idea of what my future holds, or how 2010 will turn out, let me share some highlights of 2009.

I brought the New Year in snowshoeing around Kal with my sister and a friend.


We received so much snow that winter that Sharon and I had to shovel it off the roof.

All I wanted for my birthday was to go on a hike with my friends. Sharon made sure that happened.


I had fun with my niece and nephews exploring the Seattle Temple grounds while on a visit to the area. (I have a sneaky suspicion that the kids aren't suppose to be climbing on those statues. Oops! I was to busy enjoying their crazy antics to do any disciplining.)


3 comments:

Ashley said...

Good to see you posting again! Love the recap.

We're hoping you get to move to Ontario too! Would be so great for you to get in.

Nicole said...

Yay! That's awesome that you want to be a Librarian! I can totally see you doing a fabulous job at it! :)

Sarah said...

Yay! New posts to read. :)