To quit or not to quit? That is the question.
I noticed that my internet provider has upped the service charges on my bill, and being a frugal person, I'm contemplating giving up my internet access. The down side is I won't be able to check my e-mail, friends' blogs, bank statements, etc... whenever I want. I'll have to make trips to my sister's place or the library for anything requiring the internet. The up side is I'll be saving money, I won't be wasting time on the computer, and I'll have a little extra money (what I was paying for internet before they upped the fees) to actually call friends and family on the phone. Hmmm. It seems like giving up easy internet access might be the smarter move. What do you think?
8 comments:
It is nice that you have family close by so you can stay connected even if you lose your own connection. Better be nice to her.
That's a hard one.
I get wanting to save a few bucks, but I can also see how losing your connection will be quite inconvenient. Try dropping your internet for a month or two, then decide if the convenience is worth the extra cash. For us, it is.
Personally, I don't think I would want to be without the Internet. It's bad enough not having a printer, but having no way to gather information when I need it would be too inconvenient. I just don't have the planning skills necessary to use the internet only at planned intervals. I use it for directions or for my church calling, or to participate in my online writing club and book club. I think times have changed enough that the internet is a necessity.
But that's just me! :)
Not to quit.
Yeah, I'm too addicted to the Internet and the easiness of it all to quit. BUT I can totally see Ardie not having Internet, and surviving. But I think Ardie should blog a little more anyway.. so I say NO to getting rid of Internet! haha. ;)
I say no as well. I've really enjoyed reading your blog and I fear that if you got rid of your internet, then you wouldn't post as often.
Maybe you could subscribe to one of those free internet services?
Free internet service??? Hmmm, tell me more. You have definitely piqued my interest.
I don't know anything about free internet, but I DO know about cheap phone service. Get rid of your phone! Keep your internet and sign up for SKYPE!
Post a Comment