Sunday, May 31, 2009

Bummer!

I got a letter from UBC Okanagan yesterday, and it was thin. Darn! I didn't get accepted into the program for Secondary Education because I don't have the Canadian history credits. I'm now waiting to hear if I'll be accepted into my second choice, elementary education, or my third choice, unclassified (where I'll be able to start taking the Canadian history classes that I need to get into my first choice). I'm also contemplating other career options. Sharon mentioned taking a course to become a dental receptionist. I guess if I can't get the schedule of a teacher, being a dental receptionist is a good second choice. I think I could handle working 8-4, four days a week.
Anyway, disappointing news, but not unexpected. Back to the drawing board I go.

7 comments:

Jonesy said...

Sorry about your disappointment...if I've learned anything it's that something better's always around the corner!

Mars said...

Oh, sorry to hear that Ardie. You'll find something that suits you though, I know it.

What about being a full time writer? :)

Nicole said...

Awe man Ardie! I was really pulling for you! I'm sure, like your other friends have said, something better will come along. Then you'll be like WOW I'm glad I didn't get in so I can do.. blank.

OR you can just come back to Utah and goto Lagoon with me. Whichever you choose ;) haha

Andi said...

Ardie, how many canadian history credits do you need? I would look into taking them correspondance if you haven't already. I'm sure once you have them you'll be accepted no problem.
Coming from a teacher, don't give up on teaching! It's such a great profession to be in. You taught in Utah didn't you? Did you like it (except for the pay, I hear Utah teachers get robbed)? If so, I wouldn't give up on it. BC can be a little picky, but if it's something you really want, i would stick with it. Anyway, that is my biased opinion for what it's worth. Good luck with you other options!

Ashley said...

Sorry. That sucks.
- Spencer

Ardie said...

Thanks y'all! I'm pretty sure something will work out, but I haven't quite given up on the teaching dream yet. If I ever do, maybe I'll take Miranda's advice and try my hand at writing full time... or maybe I'll become a Lagoon bum with Nicole. Hmmm, so many wonderful options!! :)

Nicole said...

Hey! I was just thinking about how I never heard what happened with all of this.. Did anything come about?