Sunday, August 11, 2013

Time Keeps On Ticking

It's hard to believe over 3 months have passed since I last posted. I'm sure we all feel the busy-ness of life, so no excuses are necessary, right?

Programs at work continue to be successful. However, most of my posts for the last 2 years have talked about my job, so that's all I'm going to say about it for now.

Summer has been absolutely spectacular here in BC! I've spent a few afternoons swimming in the lakes and lounging on the beaches. My sister and brother-in-law have also lent me their extra mountain bike a few times and taken me cross-country biking on some great trails. I've walked away from those excursions with black and blue legs as souvenirs. (One of these days I'll start using my camera again so I can have a photo journal of these moments as well these written memories.)

On to other news... I've just been called to be the president of the young women's program at my church here in Salmon Arm. That makes me responsible for all the girls in my church who are aged 12 to 18. I'm excited that I've been asked to lead these tween and teen girls, but I'm also nervous about this new responsibility. I've always been 'support crew' and not the boss in my church callings. I'm not sure I know how to be an effective leader. Also, I always thought I'd never be put in this position because I'm still single. I always thought married women were better examples for the girls. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

And that's a brief update of my life. I hope life is also treating you all well!

1 comment:

Ron said...

Congratulations on the calling. Surely you will be inspiring in your association with them. Leadership is a lot about loving those you are responsible for and knowing the direction that you are taking them.