Friday, March 2, 2012

February

I can't believe that February slipped past me so quickly and quietly. Here's a brief update of what happened last month.

Gaby and I both grew a year older at the beginning of February. Thanks to all my friends and family who made this a very happy day...week...month. (Thanks Sharon for sharing your pictures with me. :))


Shortly after that, I was given the assignment at church to be 2nd counselor in my Stake Relief Society presidency. For my non-LDS friends, this essentially means I travel around the interior of BC on Sundays and visit with women who belong to my same faith...At least, that's what it's meant so far. I guess I'll learn what it really means in time.

Last Saturday, I joined my co-workers on a special fundraising event called the Coldest Night of the Year. (Check out link for pictures.) 400 people from Salmon Arm participated in this walk, and over $52,000 was raised to help the homeless and suffering in our area. Everyone on my team received tremendous support from our friends and family, and we exceeded our team goal. Thank you everyone for your support! This was such a fun and unifying event to participate in.

Work continues to be busy but satisfying. I love storytime with the toddlers/pre-schoolers and going into the schools to meet with the older children. It never ceases to amaze me how much these little people love their children's librarians. All the hugs they give do my heart good! :)

That, my friends, are the main points of this past month. I hope you all had a good February and that March is looking full of potential and promise. As for me, I can hardly wait for spring!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I saw you in the pictures! You really did it. :)